Sajou's small sewing box makes the sweetest gift. It comes with a lift-out tray with room for extra thread storage below. The box is covered in the tradition of vintage Mercerie (haberdashery) storage boxes - in blue and white paper. It contains everything you need for hand sewing.
Each box contains:
- A pair of scissors
- A nickel-plated thimble
- A blue Sajou dressmakers' tape measure with a ring on each end
- A small blue seam ripper
- A box of 200 dressmakers' extra fine pins
- Six 164 yard (150m) cocoons of polyester sewing thread in green, red, rose, black, grey and white
- Sajou sewing needles booklet (15 needles of various sizes)
- Three thread/ribbon storage cards
The box and all its contents are Made in France.
Sajou was founded by Federique Crestin-Billet in 2005 when she discovered that the name Sajou, a brand synonymous with 19th century embroidery patterns, was once again in the public domain. The rest is history. Today, Frederique and her lovely team have created a thriving haberdashery business that aids in the preservation and growth of numerous French small manufacturers.
Her love for her craft, history and country are visible in everything she does from her manner, to her products and even her packaging.